Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sushi vs. Sushi




The sushi in Paris is very hit or miss. Personally, I don't think there's such a thing as "bad sushi", but there is definitely such a thing as extra good sushi. The other day I found some.

There's this street squashed between Odéon & Cluny La Sorbonne. It's called Rue Monsieur Le Prince, and it's all speckled with asian food.

Being totally satisfied, I've always stuck with the cheapest place on the block. But the other day I went out with my Aussie friend Annabelle (who has notably higher standards than I do), and when we arrived at my usual haunt she shook her head; "I've been here. No good". I'm flexible, and always interested in even tastier sushi, so when she said she preferred the place next door, I gave it a go.

OH MY GOD. SO much better. A few bucks more, but worth every centime.
For around 11 euro I had 6 pieces of California roll + 6 dumplings, soup & tasty salad.
4.50 for a 50cl pitcher of white (table) wine. Not too shabby.

It's in the heart of cinema land, so if you're ever in the mood for after-film-sushi, definitely swing by.

8 Rue Monsieur le Prince
75006 Paris, France

0 comments: