Sunday, September 05, 2010

Santa Beautiful










Hopped a train one day, and 5 hours later found myself in Santa Barbara. Idyllic little coastal town with mountains in the back, clear green water up front, and super cheap sushi in between.
I went to reunite with my first friend ever; Ashley. The story goes that our moms connected when the toddler versions of Ashley and I were out to terrorize the same display case at Bed Bath & Beyond. Years and years of play dates followed. Then she moved away.

10 years, and 2 facebook pages later we reconnected.
I know I say this all the time, but come on, how awesome is the internet?
Anyway, so we meet up, and we're exactly the same! We like the same music, books, movies, TV shows, you name it dude. We laughed about religion, and puberty, talked about our potential futures. How do two people live so far apart for so long, and find themselves getting along just as well over beers as they did over grape juice?
I'm not sure, but it was a lot of fun. And now that we have internet (and don't rely on our mothers for playdates) we won't lose touch as easily.

Here's to you, and other cat ladies, Ash.

1 comments:

sunkentreasure 8:18 AM  

lovely pictures!!!