Monday, June 28, 2010

Sunken Treasure

I am not a big jewelry buff. But I'd seen Antwerpian lady, Sophie Schellekens around, and always thought she had a cool look. So when I heard she was making necklaces, I was excited to take a peek. Finally: bling that I could actually see myself wearing. You know, the kind that's pretty and understated but funky too...without looking like it came from Urban Outfitters.

I finally decided on one, and on Friday it arrived in the mail. I think it's great. It makes me feel like a hip Flinstones character.
I'm so impressed with how much effort Miss Shellekins puts into the little details, from printing the logo on the box's ribbon, to the geometric tissue paper laid inside.

It makes me feel totally lazy to see someone starting up something so artistic and productive. So kudos to you, Sophie! Can't wait to get my hands on some more of your awesome necklaces. :)

All of her jewelry comes wrapped beautifully, so next time you've got a birthday gift to buy, I say save yourself some time, and send 'em some sunken treasure.

0 comments: