Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Just Grand



I just came across "Grand Island" in my iTunes. Hadn't listened to them in at least a year.
I was so into them last year.

Anyway, someone asked me who I was listening to, and then asked for a description.
It made me realize what a distinct sound these guys have.

I told him that they sound like musical cocaine.
Heavy drums, extremely enthusiastic vocals, some synth, crazy guitars, banjo, even an organ now and then.

Last.fm says: "Grand Island is an alternative rock band from Norway. Their music can best be described as soaring and joyous, incorporating aspects of bluegrass, soul, gospel, disco, hardcore and classic rock."

I was curious what Pitchfork might think of them, but the search came up empty, which makes me strangely happy.

Anyway, see what you think.

0 comments: