Friday, December 12, 2008

I can't stop thinking about this photograph



The handwriting reads: "This photograph is my proof. There was that afternoon, when things were still good between us, and she embraced me, and we were so happy. It did happen, she did love me. Look see for yourself!"

I'm rarely sentimental, but that hit me with quite some force. I feel as if I've personally uncovered the old photograph, and felt the pang of lost love re-visited.

And then I think of the love I'll have to say goodbye to.
I may be leaving soon. This weekend will bring me the final answer. If the answer is yes, I'll be boarding a plane for Brussels by January 2nd.

Months and months ago I fell in love with my best friend. He'll be here, and I'll be there. Things between us have been beautiful. But they might end, at least for the coming year. But I won't forget. I won't be able to; I have my proof.


1 comments:

Anonymous,  3:04 PM  

Simply lovely.